Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

Hey there everybody,
Got some photos of a few of the orphans that are calling Mae Sot home. These faces are why we are going over to Thailand! I am looking forward to putting names to these faces once we get there!


Ezekiel indicated the weather Thailand was getting a few weeks ago has not affected them. "No flood no tsunami no earthquick at all in my area," he says. I am really looking forward to hearing the language there, and hear Ezekiel and the students speak broken English. I'm sure there will be plenty of laughs traded between our team and the people of Mae Sot as we try and communicate. I hope they will forgive me if i slip up and address a man as a woman or something. Also hope that they trick me in to saying something real weird like,"I am a bearded lady and on good days i look like an elephant".

We had our final meeting before leaving tonight. We packed up the suitcases with the supplies that to be checked and went over this Sunday. The Thailand Team is leading the service this Sunday to inform in more detail the who, what, when, where and whys of the trip to the church here at Cape Fear.

Here is another photo Ezekiel sent to encourage us about the events that are happening and the lives that are changing there in Mae Sot.


The butterflies are rumbling a little more than last week this evening! I started packing the art supplies, ie camera, sketchbook, watercolors, pens and pencils tonight. I probably am kidding myself to think that i'll be able to get to all of that while there, but i'd rather have it and use it once than leave it here and wish i had it everyday!

till next time

Cheers
Doc

1 comment:

  1. This sure is something Bri- The kids look excited to meet you and that is awesome what you will be doing for them! The countdown is on...

    ReplyDelete